||Reports and others|
Clicking on the arrow icon will open a new tab with a PDF provider. Clicking on the page icon will provide you with a PDF copy, available for any document for which I hold copyright or permission.
If you are unable to acquire a PDF document from one of the providers, please drop me a note, and I will provide you with a copy for your personal use.
62. Motallebi, M., D.L. Hoag, A. Tasdighi, M. Arabi, D.L. Osmond, and R.B. Boone. 2018. The impact of relative individual ecosystem demand on stacking ecosystem credit markets. Ecosystem Services 29:137-144.
59. Lesorogol, C.K. and R.B. Boone. 2016. Which way forward? Using simulation models and ethnography to understand changing livelihoods among Kenyan pastoralists in a "new commons". International Journal of the Commons 10:747-770.
58. Stabach, J.A., G. Wittemyer, R.B. Boone, R.S. Reid, and J.S. Worden. 2016. Variation in habitat selection by white-bearded wildebeest across different degrees of human disturbance. Ecosphere 7(8):e01428. 10.1002/ecs2.1428.
57. Milne, E., E. Aynekulu, A. Bationo, N.H. Batjes, R. Boone, R. Conant, J. Davies, N. Hanan, D. Hoag, J.E. Herrick, W. Knausenberger, C. Neely, J. Njoka, M. Ngugi, B. Parton, K. Paustian, R. Reid, M. Said, K. Shepherd, D. Swift, P. Thornton, S. Williams, S. Miller, and E. Nkonya. 2016. Grazing lands in sub-Saharan Africa and their potential role in climate change mitigation: what we do and don't know. Environmental Development 19:70-74.
56. Stabach, J.A., R.B. Boone, J.S. Worden, and G. Florant. 2015. Habitat disturbance effects on the physiological stress response in resident Kenyan white-bearded wildebeest (Connochaetes taurinus). Biological Conservation 182:177-186.
54. Klein, J.A., K.A. Hopping, E.T. Yeh, Y. Nyima, R.B. Boone, and K.A. Galvin. 2014. Unexpected climate impacts on the Tibetan Plateau: local and scientific knowledge in findings of delayed summer. Global Environmental Change 28:141-152.
53. Roque de Pinho, J., C. Grilo, R.B. Boone, K.A. Galvin, and J.G. Snodgrass. 2014. Influence of aesthetic appreciation of wildlife species on attitudes towards their conservation in Kenyan agropastoralist communities. PLoS ONE 9(2):e88842. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0088842
52. Moore, J.C., R.B. Boone, A. Koyama, and K. Holfelder. 2013. Enyzmatic and detrital influences on the structure, function, and dynamics of spatially-explicit model ecosystems. Biogeochemistry DOI: 10.1007/s10533-013-9932-3.
51. Havas, K.A., R.B. Boone, A.E. Hill, and M. Salman. 2013. A brucellosis disease control strategy for the Kekheti region of the country of Georgia: an agent-based model. Zoonoses and Public Heath DOI: 10.1111/zph.12066
50. Boone, R.B., K.A. Galvin, S.B. BurnSilver, P.K. Thornton, D.S. Ojima, and J.R. Jawson. 2011. Using coupled simulation models to link pastoral decision making and ecosystem services. Ecology and Society 16(2):6 [online] URL: http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol16/iss2/art6/
46. Reid, R., D. Nkedianye, M. Said, D. Kaelo, M. Neselle, O. Makui, L.Onetu, S. Kiruswa, N. Ole Kamuaro, P. Kristjanson, S. BurnSilver, M. Goldman, R. Boone, K.A. Galvin, N. Dickson, and W. Clark. 2009. Evolving models to support communities and policy makers with science: balancing pastoralism and wildlife conservation in East Africa. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science doi:10.1073/pnas.0900313106.
45. Wang, G., N.T. Hobbs, S. Twombly, R.B. Boone, A.W. Illius, I.J. Gordon, and J.E. Gross. 2008. Density dependence in northern ungulates: interactions with predation and resources. Population Ecology 51:123-132.
44. Hobbs, N.T., K.A. Galvin, C.J. Stokes, J.M. Lackett, A.J. Ash, R.B. Boone, R.S. Reid, and P.K. Thornton. 2008. Fragmentation of rangelands: implications for humans, animals, and landscapes. Global Environmental Change 18:776-785.
40. Thornton, P.K., R.B. Boone, K.A. Galvin, S.B. BurnSilver, M.M. Waithaka, J. Kuyiah, S. Karanja, E. Gonzalez-Estrada, and M. Herrero. 2007. Coping strategies in livestock-dependent households in East and southern Africa: a synthesis of four case studies. Human Ecology 35:461-476.
38. Boone, R.B., J.M. Lackett, K.A. Galvin, D.S. Ojima, and C.J. Tucker III. 2007. Links and broken chains: evidence of human-caused changes in land cover in remotely sensed images. Environmental Science & Policy 10:135-149.
33. Galvin, K.A., P.K. Thornton, J.R. de Pinho, J. Sunderland, and R.B. Boone. 2006. Integrated modeling and its potential for resolving conflicts between conservation and people in the rangelands of East Africa. Human Ecology 34:155-183.
32. Wang, G., N.T. Hobbs, R.B. Boone, A.W. Illius, I.J. Gordon, J.E. Gross, and K.L. Hamlin. 2006. Spatial and temporal variability modify density dependence in populations of large herbivores. Ecology 87:95-102.
31. Thornton, P.K., S.B. BurnSilver, R.B. Boone, and K.A. Galvin. 2006. Modelling the impacts of group ranch subdivision on agro-pastoral households in Kajiado, Kenya. Agricultural Systems 87:331-356.
28. Metzger, K.L., M.B. Coughenour, R.M. Reich, and R.B. Boone. 2005. Effects of seasonal grazing on plant species diversity and vegetation structure in a semi-arid ecosystem. Journal of Arid Environments 61:147-160.
25. Boone, R.B., K.A. Galvin, M.B. Coughenour, J.W. Hudson, P.J. Weisberg, C.H. Vogel, and J.E. Ellis. 2004. Ecosystem modeling adds value to a South African climate forecast. Climatic Change 64:317-340.
24. Thornton, P.K., R.H. Fawcett, K.A. Galvin, R.B. Boone, J.W. Hudson, and C.H. Vogel. 2004. Evaluating management options that use climate forecasts: modelling livestock production systems in the semi-arid zone of South Africa. Climate Research 26:33-42.
22. Boone, R.B., M.B. Coughenour, K.A. Galvin, and J.E. Ellis. 2002. Addressing management questions for Ngorongoro Conservation Area using the Savanna Modeling System. African Journal of Ecology 40:138-150.
18. Boone, R.B., K.A. Galvin, N.M. Smith, and S.J. Lynn. 2000. Generalizing El Niño effects upon Maasai livestock using hierarchical clusters of vegetation patterns. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing 66:737-744.
16. Boone, R.B., A. Hoffman, L. Daley, and B. Arbogast. 2000. How Taxol was found in hazelnut trees. Australian Nutgrower 14:36.
13. O'Connor, R.J., M.T. Jones, R.B. Boone, and T.B. Lauber. 1999. Linking continental climate, land use and land patterns with grassland bird distribution across the coterminous United States. In Ecology and conservation of grassland birds in the western hemisphere, P. Vickery and J. Herkert (editors). Studies in Avian Biology 19:45-59.
12. Hoffman, A., W. Khan, J. Worapong, G. Strobel, D. Griffin, B. Arbogast, D. Barofsky, R.B. Boone, L. Ning, P. Zheng, and L. Daley. 1998. Bioprospecting for taxol in angiosperm plant extracts. Spectroscopy 13:22-32.
4. Sanchez, E.E., R.A. Menendez, L.S. Daley, R.B. Boone, O.L. Jahn, and P.B. Lombard. 1988. Characteristics of quince (Cydonia) cultivars using polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. J. Environ. Hort. 6:53-59.
3. Daley, L.S., J.R. Powell, G.A. Strobel, R.B. Boone, J. Postman, M. Willie, and J.H. Brown. 1988. Spectroscopic methods of detection of differences in photosynthetic apparatus and function in plants. Plant Physiol. Biochem. 26:683-694.
2. Jeong, B.-R., L.S. Daley, D.C. Smith, R.B. Boone, and E.J. Zais. 1988. Genetic modeling of visible spectroscopy of intact leaves of red-leafed hazel (Corylus). Spectroscopy 3:26-31.
1. Daley, L.S., J.M. Montano, R.A. Menendez, A.H. Soeldner, and R.B. Boone. 1987. Spectroscopic evaluation of freeze damage in pear trees using fourth-derivative visible spectroscopy of bark sections. Spectroscopy 2:32-36.
Follow the links above for full lists of publications.